Moving Jenkins to AlterWay Hosting

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Mon Nov 26 10:53:36 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 11/24/2012 06:55 PM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
>> for installing a jenkins master server, i don't believe so (for now)
>> are we going to get slave machines as well or just the jenkins master for now? >
>
> Yes. :)
>
> IIRC, we'll have 2 physical hosts at Alter Way. We want to run Jenkins
> bare metal on one of them, but the other host can be sliced in to
> multiple VMs. One of those VMs will need to run Mailman, another could
> be for Gerrit. Then we have what is leftover to use as Jenkins slaves.

My understanding is slightly different - we will have 1 physical server
dedicated to the project, and then we can have a number of VMs on
AlterWay's oVirt-based Cloud offering. I don't believe there was any
guarantee they'd all be on one dedicated server.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13