Minutes :: Infra weekly sync :: 20121126

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Nov 26 16:18:19 UTC 2012

Minutes:
        http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2012/ovirt.2012-11-26-15.00.html

Minutes (text):
	http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2012/ovirt.2012-11-26-15.00.txt

Log:
        http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2012/ovirt.2012-11-26-15.00.log.html

==========================
#ovirt: oVirt Infra weekly
==========================

Meeting started by quaid at 15:00:17 UTC. The full logs are available at
http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2012/ovirt.2012-11-26-15.00.log.html .

Meeting summary
---------------
* Agenda  (quaid, 15:02:24)

* MediaWiki & www  (quaid, 15:04:16)
  * Remaining problem of a mod_rewrite rule to get the logo visible
    (quaid, 15:05:04)
  * LINK: http://fpaste.org/NEgP/   (quaid, 15:07:42)
  * LINK:
    http://wiki-ovirt.rhcloud.com/skins/common/images/oVirt-logo.png
    (quaid, 15:08:06)
  * process to transfer sites should take 45 to 90 minutes  (quaid,
    15:12:57)
  * ACTION: quaid to arrange DNS cutover timing based on the idea that
    we'll have this working within 2 days  (quaid, 15:13:18)
  * need to make sure wiki images are showing up in pages  (quaid,
    15:19:45)

* MediaWiki backup script  (quaid, 15:19:56)
  * I forgot to remove this topic but I think we're covered with this
    because we'll need a new backup procedure for the new OpenShift
    based tool  (quaid, 15:20:32)
  * of course if I write that script it may have the same problem, so
    I'll be coming back later for help on that :)  (quaid, 15:20:48)

* Hosting  (quaid, 15:20:56)
  * My Red Hat IT contact told me last week he is provisioning two
    servers at RackSpace for us, bare metal to use as we wish  (quaid,
    15:21:23)
  * RackSpace servers should be available this week or next, depending
    on how fast the paper churns  (quaid, 15:21:44)
  * We're also proceeding with plans for Alter Way work, and may start
    installing & such but not switchover data until paper churns there
    (quaid, 15:23:28)
  * ACTION: quaid to tell people status of 'broken' script & to please
    hang on  (quaid, 15:25:06)

* Trac review  (quaid, 15:27:15)
  * I'm moving this topic to the end of the meeting, as it's a bit of
    administrivia that we don't need to do in the middle - often it's
    covered by other open items anyway, so putting it at the end will
    make it faster  (quaid, 15:27:43)
  * ACTION: quaid to move this topic to the end of the agenda
    permanently  (quaid, 15:27:55)

* Puppet  (quaid, 15:28:30)
  * ewoud has a proof of concept (POC) Foreman install running:  (quaid,
    15:30:45)
  * LINK: https://foreman.ekohl.nl   (quaid, 15:30:57)
  * ewoud is working on the initial Puppet manifests  (quaid, 15:31:25)
  * ACTION: quaid, dcaro, dneary will help ewoud with Puppet manifests
    (quaid, 15:34:06)
  * Puppet manifest discussion to happen on infra at ovirt.org ASAP
    (quaid, 15:34:51)

* Jenkins  (quaid, 15:39:54)
  * jenkins.ovirt.org updated to latest for security fix  (quaid,
    15:41:06)
  * ACTION: we should consider using openid auth in new jenkins server
    (eedri, 15:43:04)
  * we've been adding new power users, who offest the load on the Infra
    tream by enabling people with experience to enhance sub projects in
    Jenkins  (quaid, 15:43:18)
  * IDEA: we should consider using openid auth in new Jenkins server
    (quaid, 15:43:40)
  * ACTION: eedri will work on OpenID for Jenkins  (quaid, 15:45:32)
  * ACTION: oVirt Infra to make a Foreman feature request to have OpenID
    (quaid, 15:46:30)
  * ACTION: quaid to look in to MediaWiki and OpenID  (quaid, 15:46:39)

* Puppet/Foreman  (quaid, 15:48:47)
  * AGREED: using foreman rpms deployments is better than using the
    foreman git repo  (quaid, 16:01:53)

* Gerrit  (quaid, 16:02:06)
  * I think the Infra git repo is available, but I haven't put anything
    in it  (quaid, 16:02:26)

* Process for bringing in new people to INfra  (quaid, 16:04:15)
  * we need a discussion on list where everyone can be involved  (quaid,
    16:04:32)
  * ACTION: quaid to start new thread ASAP  (quaid, 16:04:51)

* Trac review  (quaid, 16:06:02)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/ovirt/report/1   (quaid, 16:06:11)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/ovirt/ticket/10   (quaid, 16:06:47)
  * renaming of mailing list arch > devel is happening after the
    www/wiki transfer is all worked out, priority-wise  (quaid,
    16:07:16)
  * ACTION: quaid needs to put together a migration plan, so people are
    warned to fix mail filter rules, etc.  (quaid, 16:07:37)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/ovirt/ticket/11   (quaid, 16:07:55)
  * slow mailing list show resolve when we move it to Alter Way, leaving
    this open for now so we can be sure it is better  (quaid, 16:08:11)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/ovirt/ticket/13   (quaid, 16:08:46)
  * Is this an Infra task?  (quaid, 16:09:06)
  * ACTION: quaid to find out if this is an Infra ticket or now  (quaid,
    16:09:15)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/ovirt/ticket/5   (quaid, 16:09:43)
  * We'll need to have a how to file a ticket process in place one
    before doing all the hosting switching  (quaid, 16:10:18)
  * ACTION: quaid to takeover this ticket  (quaid, 16:10:53)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/ovirt/ticket/12   (quaid, 16:11:20)
  * ACTION: quaid to revive the thread on this, get it fixed or lined up
    to change with new hosting  (quaid, 16:11:59)

Meeting ended at 16:14:54 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* quaid to arrange DNS cutover timing based on the idea that we'll have
  this working within 2 days
* quaid to tell people status of 'broken' script & to please hang on
* quaid to move this topic to the end of the agenda permanently
* quaid, dcaro, dneary will help ewoud with Puppet manifests
* we should consider using openid auth in new jenkins server
* eedri will work on OpenID for Jenkins
* oVirt Infra to make a Foreman feature request to have OpenID
* quaid to look in to MediaWiki and OpenID
* quaid to start new thread ASAP
* quaid needs to put together a migration plan, so people are warned to
  fix mail filter rules, etc.
* quaid to find out if this is an Infra ticket or now
* quaid to takeover this ticket
* quaid to revive the thread on this, get it fixed or lined up to change
  with new hosting

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* dcaro
  * quaid, dcaro, dneary will help ewoud with Puppet manifests
* dneary
  * quaid, dcaro, dneary will help ewoud with Puppet manifests
* eedri
  * eedri will work on OpenID for Jenkins
* ewoud
  * quaid, dcaro, dneary will help ewoud with Puppet manifests
* quaid
  * quaid to arrange DNS cutover timing based on the idea that we'll
    have this working within 2 days
  * quaid to tell people status of 'broken' script & to please hang on
  * quaid to move this topic to the end of the agenda permanently
  * quaid, dcaro, dneary will help ewoud with Puppet manifests
  * quaid to look in to MediaWiki and OpenID
  * quaid to start new thread ASAP
  * quaid needs to put together a migration plan, so people are warned
    to fix mail filter rules, etc.
  * quaid to find out if this is an Infra ticket or now
  * quaid to takeover this ticket
  * quaid to revive the thread on this, get it fixed or lined up to
    change with new hosting
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * we should consider using openid auth in new jenkins server
  * oVirt Infra to make a Foreman feature request to have OpenID

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* quaid (140)
* eedri (30)