Minutes :: Infra weekly sync :: 20121126

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Nov 27 20:31:42 UTC 2012

On 11/27/2012 12:08 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 11/26/2012 11:18 AM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote: ...
>> * Hosting  (quaid, 15:20:56) * My Red Hat IT contact told me last
>> week he is provisioning two servers at RackSpace for us, bare metal
>> to use as we wish  (quaid, 15:21:23)
>
> are these physical machines or VMs? if VMs, do they support nested
> virt?

Physical machines at RackSpace, AIUI.

The specs are roughly what we requested from AlterWay, without the
superfast I/O to disk. 4 to 8 cores, 8 to 16 GB RAM, plenty of harddisk.

(I'd like to talk about setting up e.g. GlusterFS with our extra hard
disk space.)

>> * Gerrit  (quaid, 16:02:06) * I think the Infra git repo is
>> available, but I haven't put anything in it  (quaid, 16:02:26)
>
> i tried to follow the thread, but could discern the summary of which
> repos you want (separate for foreman/puppet, etc.). please summarize
> for me name of repos and maintainers for each.

We need to do that, but haven't figured it out all the way, I think?

At the least, I think we need:

web :: (all of Infra team) + dneary, garrett, jbrooks

For Foreman/Puppet, I'm not sure yet. What I would have put in git
before (scripts, etc.) will be RPMs for Puppet to consume. But maybe we
need a source control for that anyway?

infra_scripts: (all of Infra team)

http://wiki.ovirt.org/wiki/Infrastructure#Team

>> * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/ovirt/ticket/5   (quaid,
>> 16:09:43) * We'll need to have a how to file a ticket process in
>> place one before doing all the hosting switching  (quaid,
>> 16:10:18)
>
> nit: if you can have the title of the ticket in summary, would be
> able to read this offline/without clicking the link.

Will do, thanks for the tip.

- Karsten