Outage :: wiki and www :: 2100 to 0100 UTC Thu 29 Nov/Fri 30 Nov

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Nov 30 07:50:27 UTC 2012

This outage is now over.

The wiki is writeable again, redirects of old content to new locations
are working, and you should be able to go about reading, writing,
creating, and collaborating. Enjoy the new look&feel:

http://www.ovirt.org

There are a lot of small components making *.ovirt.org run, it's fairly
certain we've missed something. If you see anything wrong, broken, or
confusing a, you can drop by IRC, email infra at ovirt.org, or file a
ticket here:

http://fedorahosted.org/ovirt

Thanks to everyone for making this migration happen. It's going to be
nice not having to manage the platform for these non-core-technology
components. The Infra team will be able to focus a bit more on the
deeper parts of the oVirt infrastructure of participation.

In particular, thanks to:

* Garrett Lesage lead the effort to improve not only the look&feel of
the ovirt.org website, but to reconsider the user experience. He worked
on making the top-level of the site show what the technology is, what
the project is, and what you can download and do here. He took on the
challenge of making MediaWiki look good for all the user classes -
casual browser through to regular contributor. (And thanks especially
for saving the front page this week when we realized we didn't have the
desired video content and feed widgets available.)

* Dave Neary focused on taking the framework of the new site and
breathing life in to it with content pages, redirects, MediaWiki
extensions, and so forth. He worked on troubleshooting our transfer
details, tracking project details and progress, and generally beating on
parts until he hammered them in to shape.

Thanks also to Jason Brooks, who took advantage of the tradition of IRC
to just get involved in what was happening. Jason helped troubleshoot
and fix some of the transfer details, such as http rewrite rules.

Overall, I've been pleased with the transparency and accessibility of
the process. I hope others feel the same, but regardless of how you
feel, your feedback is very appreciated.

Thanks - Karsten