Meeting minutes :: oVirt Infra team weekly sync :: 2012-10-09

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Oct 9 15:11:39 UTC 2012

Minutes:
        http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2012/ovirt.2012-10-09-14.03.html

Minutes (text):
        http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2012/ovirt.2012-10-09-14.03.txt

Log:    http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2012/ovirt.2012-10-09-14.03.log.html

==============
#ovirt Meeting
==============

Meeting started by quaid at 14:03:16 UTC. The full logs are available at
http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2012/ovirt.2012-10-09-14.03.log.html .

Meeting summary
---------------
* Roll call & agenda  (quaid, 14:04:43)
  * LINK:
    http://wiki.ovirt.org/wiki/Infrastructure_team_meetings#2012-10-09
    (quaid, 14:04:58)

* MediaWiki & www  (quaid, 14:06:56)
  * MW still needs updating, quaid will be trying another window today
    (quaid, 14:07:17)
  * ACTION: quaid still needs to update MW  (quaid, 14:07:59)
  * quaid needs to confirm with gerritt that new theme is working
    happily  (quaid, 14:09:04)

* Hosting  (quaid, 14:11:59)
  * things are on track with Alter Way, still working out details
    (quaid, 14:15:40)
  * sponsorship is in the form of 2 bare metal servers, one for Jenkins
    master, one for Gerritt + a VM or two for Mailman, etc.  (quaid,
    14:16:37)
  * Moving MediaWiki to OpenShift (and migrating from using WordPress)
    is underway  (quaid, 14:17:02)

* Trac  (quaid, 14:19:31)
  * The Trac instance for the Infra Team is "live"  (quaid, 14:19:54)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/ovirt   (quaid, 14:19:55)
  * Tickets are created for the MediaWiki migration under way  (quaid,
    14:20:17)
  * We should move to using this system entirely for our task tracking
    (quaid, 14:21:12)
  * ACTION: Infra team needs to start using Trac for all tasks,
    essentially  (quaid, 14:21:27)
  * ACTION: we need some how-to documentation for using the Trac
    instance for Infra team members and for people reporting things
    (quaid, 14:21:47)
  * ACTION: Team to review open Trac issues as a standing Agenda item
    each week  (quaid, 14:22:51)
  * ACTION: Team to generate standard questies, such as tickets with no
    progress in past X timeframe  (quaid, 14:23:59)

* Hosting part deux  (quaid, 14:24:54)
  * dneary clarified with Alter Way that we planned to run the MediaWiki
    instance which will be our home page on OpenShift, both to reduce
    our maintenance burden, ensure a supported version of MediaWiki, and
    to use Red Hat's PaaS  (dneary, 14:25:11)
  * Stéphane Vincent confirmed that they were still happy to offer
    hosting under the terms we agreed (that is, acknowledgement in the
    footer of hosted services, and acknowledgement as a project
    supporter  (dneary, 14:25:34)
  * I informed him I would push for board approval this week  (dneary,
    14:25:57)
  * we have a meeting in Paris later this week to hammer out the
    practicalities (access rights, dates, hosting agreement if
    applicable)  (dneary, 14:26:26)
  * ACTION: dneary to push topic of Alter Way sponsorship to Board this
    week  (quaid, 14:26:46)

* Trac part deux  (quaid, 14:29:00)
  * ACTION: quaid to send Trac status summary to mailing list  (quaid,
    14:30:55)

* Jenkins  (quaid, 14:34:05)
  * ACTION: Infra team needs to do some knowledge sharing on services,
    esp. Jenkins  (quaid, 14:36:28)

* Puppet  (quaid, 14:40:02)
  * ACTION: ewoud send an update about puppet  (ewoud, 14:46:13)

* Any other business?  (quaid, 14:49:30)
  * LINK: http://whenisgood.net/nn5k2ww/results/y85zxa   (quaid,
    14:54:01)
  * ACTION: quaid to propose 1500 UTC on Monday as new meeting time
    based on results  (quaid, 15:01:45)

Meeting ended at 15:03:28 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* quaid still needs to update MW
* Infra team needs to start using Trac for all tasks, essentially
* we need some how-to documentation for using the Trac instance for
  Infra team members and for people reporting things
* Team to review open Trac issues as a standing Agenda item each week
* Team to generate standard questies, such as tickets with no progress
  in past X timeframe
* dneary to push topic of Alter Way sponsorship to Board this week
* quaid to send Trac status summary to mailing list
* Infra team needs to do some knowledge sharing on services, esp.
  Jenkins
* ewoud send an update about puppet
* quaid to propose 1500 UTC on Monday as new meeting time based on
  results

Action Items, by person
  * quaid to propose 1500 UTC on Monday as new meeting time based on
    results
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * Infra team needs to start using Trac for all tasks, essentially
  * we need some how-to documentation for using the Trac instance for
    Infra team members and for people reporting things
  * Team to review open Trac issues as a standing Agenda item each week
  * Team to generate standard questies, such as tickets with no progress
    in past X timeframe
  * Infra team needs to do some knowledge sharing on services, esp.
    Jenkins

People Present (lines said)
* quaid (93)
* dneary (29)