Minutes :: oVirt Infra weekly sync :: 2012-10-15

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Mon Oct 15 16:45:15 UTC 2012

On 10/15/2012 06:39 PM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
>    * IDEA: do Gerrit moving in two stages  (quaid, 15:34:13)
>    * s/approced/approved/g  (quaid, 15:36:32)
>    * IDEA: look in to Gerrit replication services - is there any concept
>      of a cluster or mirror?  (quaid, 15:37:26)
>    * IDEA: Step 1 for gerrit migration. Clone git repos  (if we need to),
>      set up new gerrit instance, clone data from live Gerrit  (dneary,
>      15:37:27)
>    * IDEA: Step 2: Set "old" gerrit read-only, sync any comments/changes
>      that need it, set "new" gerrit live  (dneary, 15:38:10)
>    * IDEA: mirror git repos to github  (ewoud, 15:39:45)
>    * IDEA: script github push to happen as a daily cronjob on
>      git.ovirt.org  (quaid, 15:42:09)

we already use gerrit to git mirror on commit. only setup for
ovirt-engine due to lack of interested at the time it was setup from
other projects (I remember emailing about this and asking, but no takers)

https://github.com/gerrit-ovirt-org/ovirt-engine

(btw, this builtin feature of gerrit for git mirroring has been
modularized in gerrit 2.5 to an optional plugin, which we'll require
manual upgrade steps)