Reminder & agenda :: oVirt Infra weekly team sync :: 2012-10-15 1500 UTC

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Oct 15 19:33:22 UTC 2012

On 10/15/2012 07:24 AM, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the "Future developments", it would be good to talk about the move to
> OpenShift for some services and AlterWay's oVirt based hosting for
> others. I'm happy to give you more details about this.
>
> Also, I think the key transition in the past 6 months has been to a
> community-oriented infra team which Karsten has led - some of the
> challenges we've had (and still have) are how to expose enough of the
> infrastructure for someone to prove themselves, then allowing people a
> sand-box to prove themselves further, and finally growing a community
> team to handle project infrastructure.

It's probably worth mentioning that I have a specific goal in my Red Hat
team to transition away from myself as the single point of failure for
so many things oVirt-infrastructure. Aside from the usual "hit by a
raptor"-value of making sure that >1 person can do things, it's
explicitly my goal to have this team operate independently. I want to
see oVirt Infra able to be lead by anyone interested and capable,
regardless of email address.

I hope some of you are keeping your eye on this idea, as one day we'll
want to have some kind of elections or a choosing system for Infra
leadership, and I don't plan on running for a seat. ;-D

- Karsten