Minutes :: oVirt Infra weekly :: 2012-10-29

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Oct 29 16:16:17 UTC 2012

Minutes:
        http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2012/ovirt.2012-10-29-15.01.html

Minutes (text):
        http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2012/ovirt.2012-10-29-15.01.txt

Log:
        http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2012/ovirt.2012-10-29-15.01.log.html

==========================
#ovirt: oVirt Infra Weekly
==========================

Meeting started by quaid at 15:01:28 UTC. The full logs are available at
http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2012/ovirt.2012-10-29-15.01.log.html .

Meeting summary
---------------
* roll & agenda  (quaid, 15:01:54)
  * LINK: http://wiki.ovirt.org/wiki/Infrastructure_team_meetings
    (quaid, 15:12:03)

* Mediawiki & www  (quaid, 15:12:29)
  * garrett is ready for me  (quaid, 15:12:34)
  * I'm not quite ready for garrett  (quaid, 15:12:45)
  * ran in to confusion over the weekend with the upgrade, needed to
    wait until today when I can talk with the EPEL packager  (quaid,
    15:13:21)
  * ACTION: quaid still owning upgrade  (quaid, 15:15:08)
  * quaid looking forward to OpenShift owning the platform upgrades
    (quaid, 15:15:21)

* Hosting  (quaid, 15:15:26)
  * LINK:
    http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/infra/2012-October/001254.html
    (quaid, 15:16:01)

* Trac review  (dneary, 15:27:59)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/ovirt/report   (quaid, 15:28:36)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/ovirt/report/1   (quaid, 15:29:12)
  * ACTION: dneary to file a new ticket requesting the rename of arch@
    to devel@  (quaid, 15:30:17)
  * how-to write ticket doc could point to existing Fedorahosted.org
    how-to content on Fedora Wiki - getting an account, etc.  (quaid,
    15:31:38)
  * how-to can also point to Trac docs for more details  (quaid,
    15:31:47)
  * IDEA: how-to could be as straight-forward as five steps  (quaid,
    15:32:08)
  * mainly (I think) we want to explain how to use the special fields we
    set - milestone, priority, component (especially)  (quaid, 15:32:34)

* Puppet & Foreman  (quaid, 15:35:04)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/ovirt/ticket/6   (quaid, 15:35:11)
  * about 2 weeks or more until we need Puppet to manage new incoming
    hosts  (quaid, 15:36:07)
  * IDEA: setup initial Puppet master on linode01, then move to one of
    the other hosting VMs when setup by having Puppet replicate itself
    (quaid, 15:36:39)
  * LINK: http://docs.puppetlabs.com/learning/   (ewoud, 15:41:26)
  * LINK:
    http://docs.puppetlabs.com/puppet/2.7/reference/lang_visual_index.html
    (ewoud, 15:42:05)
  * LINK:

http://docs.puppetlabs.com/puppet/2.7/reference/modules_fundamentals.html
    (ewoud, 15:42:13)
  * LINK: http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/language_guide.html
    (ewoud, 15:42:29)
  * LINK: http://docs.puppetlabs.com/references/2.6.17/type.html
    (ewoud, 15:42:35)
  * ACTION: Interested Infra team should read related documemtation
    (quaid, 15:44:17)

* Jenkins  (quaid, 15:47:46)
  * move of Jenkins Master is dependent on closing hosting arrangements
    with Alter Way  (quaid, 15:48:52)
  * IDEA: upcoming "excess" VMs can be used for Jenkins slaves, we can
    start considering how to expand here  (quaid, 15:49:48)

* Gerrit  (quaid, 15:53:34)
  * git repos are now mirrored on github.com  (quaid, 15:53:52)
  * LINK: https://github.com/ovirt   (quaid, 15:54:09)

* Any other business in last few minutes?  (quaid, 15:57:34)

Meeting ended at 16:03:39 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* quaid still owning upgrade
* dneary to file a new ticket requesting the rename of arch@ to devel@
* Interested Infra team should read related documemtation

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* dneary
  * dneary to file a new ticket requesting the rename of arch@ to devel@
* quaid
  * quaid still owning upgrade
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * Interested Infra team should read related documemtation

People Present (lines said)
* quaid (99)
* dneary (29)
* ewoud (26)