[DRAFT] Outage :: No disk space :: 2012-08-30

Robert Middleswarth robert at middleswarth.net
Sun Sep 2 02:26:14 UTC 2012

On 09/01/2012 04:43 PM, Mike Burns wrote:

> [...]
I agree that is a good list.  We need to make sure that we have each
other cell phone info in the event we need to get a hold of someone
although that might be hard for the people in diff county's al
> This should be sufficient long term (i.e. once we have a better hosting solution than just the kitchen sink box.
>
> I agree with getting service monitoring set up as well.  We can even accomplish this to a certain extent with jenkins (and a separate non-jenkins cron job to monitor jenkins).
>
> Mike
Monitor requires hardware unless someone is able to add it to there
existing system.  I use a very basic monitor inside my Cerberus Email
Response / Help desk system.  We can also add something to do basic jobs
inside Jenkins.  I have a 5 Seat license for Cerberus that would allow
us to have a ticketing / monitoring system it is written in php and
pretty easy to customize.  I am heavenly involved in the project and I
am already running Cerberus on my own VPS.
>> == What occurred ==
>>
>> Even the doubled disk space on linode01.ovirt.ort (to 25 GB) wasn't
>> enough to last long.
I made a mistake and the ripper script wasn't purging old ovirt-node.iso
using up a lot of space.

>> == When ==
>>
>> XXXX?
>>
>> date -d "2012-08-30 XXXX UTC"
>>
>> == Affected services ==
>>
>> lists.ovirt.org
>> wiki.ovirt.org
>> ovirt.org/.*
>> ovirtbot
>> Gerritt backup
>> Jenkins backup
>> [[What else?]]

>> * Get new hosting solution in place.
>> * Double current disk space before new hosting move, to give us room
>> breath.
>> * Work up a response place that is posted in the IRC topic or
>> somewhere
>> good so people know how to contact all of the Infra team when
>> something
>> is happening.
>> * New service need: monitoring server
Fix the reaper script to properly purge the nightly files.

Thanks
Robert