"Download" page: new design

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Tue Sep 4 19:25:04 UTC 2012

On 09/04/2012 02:08 PM, Dave Neary wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> On 08/24/2012 06:21 PM, Garrett LeSage wrote:
>> Thanks! I'm glad you like it, and that you and Dave both noticed the
>> implications of the design for the “Download” page.
>
> Can I revive this thread post-vacations, please?
>
> Garrett is suggesting modifying the way we package oVirt, which affects
> a lot more than just the web page. We really need to have more input
> into the feasibility, desirability and potential time-scale for the
> changes he's proposing.

we need to have oVirt available as part of distros or as a repo for
distros (fedora exists, i'm guessing ubuntu is next)
the other approach we mentioned was a live-cd approach, which will
indeed take time to plan and do (also need to decide if going for
live-cd or live-usb - usb is read/write which will probably be much
easier for our use case)