"Download" page: new design

Moran Goldboim mgoldboi at redhat.com
Tue Sep 4 20:25:43 UTC 2012

On 09/04/2012 10:25 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 09/04/2012 02:08 PM, Dave Neary wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> On 08/24/2012 06:21 PM, Garrett LeSage wrote:
>>> Thanks! I'm glad you like it, and that you and Dave both noticed the
>>> implications of the design for the “Download” page.
>>
>> Can I revive this thread post-vacations, please?
>>
>> Garrett is suggesting modifying the way we package oVirt, which affects
>> a lot more than just the web page. We really need to have more input
>> into the feasibility, desirability and potential time-scale for the
>> changes he's proposing.
>
> we need to have oVirt available as part of distros or as a repo for
> distros (fedora exists, i'm guessing ubuntu is next)
> the other approach we mentioned was a live-cd approach, which will
> indeed take time to plan and do (also need to decide if going for
> live-cd or live-usb - usb is read/write which will probably be much
> easier for our use case)

I'm planing to take both tasks and put the needed time into it:
-live cd on a usb stick - 1st priority and easier task
-packaging for debian/ubunto - the more complex one since lots of our
packaging code relays on fedora/rhel distros, i have seen some work was
started on the subject. [1]

[1] http://wiki.ovirt.org/wiki/Ovirt_build_on_debian/ubuntu