What to move to OpenShift?

Robert Middleswarth robert at middleswarth.net
Wed Sep 5 00:41:49 UTC 2012

On 09/04/2012 02:22 PM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> We can probably get at least these services off linode01.ovirt.org (aka
> "the kitchen sink"), and do that within a few days:
>
> * MediaWiki
> * WordPress
Wordpress we can do although we need to update the repo's again to move
them from www.ovirt.org to something like repo.ovirt.org.

MediaWiki could be moved with only having to change DNS.  A temporary
redirect might be needed well it migrates.

> I think we still have to wait for the proper port 25 flow to be put in
> place before we can move Mailman.
>
> These services are not necessarily data or space hogs, nor do they
> necessarily load the network or CPU. What they do need is to be simply
> "there" all the time, and OpenShift provides a reliable platform to run
> them on. Then we can focus our sysadmin work on higher-value-to-oVirt
> work such as getting Jenkins and Gerrit dancing nicely, increasing our
> testing infrastructure, etc.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Jason - are you holding an 'ovirt' user for openshift.com?
>
> - Karsten

Thanks
Robert Middleswarth
@rmiddle (twitter/Freenode IRC)