revised download page mockup

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Wed Sep 12 08:01:57 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 09/11/2012 11:33 PM, Jason Brooks wrote:
> Right now, oVirt only works with Fedora and CentOS/RHEL. We shouldn't
> give people the wrong idea about multi-distro possibilities. Someone
> could get the engine app running on jboss on a different platform, but
> vdsm, an essential component for doing anything w/ ovirt, is very much
> tied to fedora/el right now.

While I accept that this is the current situation, I think we definitely
want to give people the impression on the website that this is not a Red
Hat only virtualisation manager - yes, there's work to be done to
integrate it on other distros, but we are more than happy to integrate
that work, and we plan on doing it ourselves for Ubuntu in the near
future. The message "we welcome people who want to run other distros as
oVirt nodes" is important.

Cheers,
Dave.

--