revised download page mockup

Garrett LeSage garrett at redhat.com
Wed Sep 12 18:56:37 UTC 2012

On 09/12/2012 08:17 PM, Jason Brooks wrote:
> This is different from ISO

Aha, okay.

That's also great, and it's probably a requirement for an all-in-one
installer that would allow someone to download just one ISO to install:
A) All of oVirt (this would be the default)
B) The server part ("node")
C) The web-based management UI

(Another approach could be to _always_ install everything on each
machine, and oVirt could run in one of the above modes.)

>> What's the general plan & timeframe for getting VDSM et al. working
>> cross-distro, so that all of oVirt can run everywhere?
>
> I don't know the plan -- it'd be good to have a "things needed to
> enable multi-distro" page on the wiki. I'll try to start one.

Great idea!

Garrett