Should we kill the project-planning mailing list?

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Thu Sep 20 13:56:58 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 09/20/2012 03:11 PM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> On 09/20/2012 02:09 AM, Dave Neary wrote:
>> My personal suggestion: Disable subscriptions, update the list
>> description to indicate that the list is obsolete and inactive, do not
>> advertise the list in the Mailman page. Archives can & should remain
>> online, but we can hide all mention of the list in Mailman & the website.
>
> That might be over-kill. :) I think we should do all that except the
> hiding via Mailman. This list was used privately before the open
> sourcing to plan the open sourcing of oVirt. It contains interesting and
> useful historical information.

I have no strong opinions one way or the other - but I imagine that part
of the reason for the suggestion is that inactive lists clutter up the
mailman page, and make it harder for newcomers to know easily which
lists they should sign up for - thus the suggestion to set the list to
not advertise itself on the mailman list.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary