the new oVirt website: live preview!

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Thu Sep 20 13:30:08 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 02:27:28PM +0200, Garrett LeSage wrote:
> On 09/20/2012 08:17 AM, Daniel Veillard wrote:

> >   The vertical spacing between 2 paragraphs or bulleted items looks a
> >tad bit too large to my eye compared to the spacing between lines.
>
> I adjusted the spacing so that the line rhythm was maintained on the
> page. It's especially needed on pages like:
>
> http://mediawiki-garrett.rhcloud.com/OVirt_3.1_release_notes
> (Which is a copy/paste of the wiki text from the official oVirt wiki.)
>
> I will probably tweak the fonts and text a bit further, especially
> when we have another reskinned instance of MediaWiki (containing all
> of the content from wiki.ovirt.org) up and running.

  okay, well it's use one person feedback and i don't claim any
UI sense :-) but again the space left between the last bullet of
Installer section and the title of the Tools session looks quite large to
my eye (I can put a finger between the bottom of the '(' and the top of
the T here), vertical space is scarce especially on new screens :-\

> >   The top page and the Download page don't even tell what licence
> >is applicable, IMHO that crucial information should be presented to
> >the user between the time it hits the home page and the time he's told
> >how to install it on Fedora 17.
>
> That's a great point.
>
> Is it enough to mention "ASL2.0" in the footer and link to a
> licensing page, like the current oVirt.org website does? Or should
> we say more?

  Saying it's OpenSource under "ASL2.0" with a link is sufficient sure !

    thanks Garrett :-)

Daniel