Odd errors on vdsm_unit_tests

David Caro dcaroest at redhat.com
Thu Apr 11 21:36:27 UTC 2013

On Thu 11 Apr 2013 11:22:00 PM CEST, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> Jenkins used to send email notifications about unit tests failures to
> vdsm-patches at lists.fedorahosted.org at least until March 20.
>
> Come to think of it, the emails seized to have content on March 5.
>
> Now they are not sent at all.

I think I'm not on that list, I'll sign up and look at it, see if I can
figure out something.

> Beyond this, we have a very odd non-deterministic failure
> http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/vdsm_unit_tests_gerrit/1976/console
> (except below).
>
> Could the test be run with an unusual locale?
> Does anybody have another idea?
>
> Could someone (Giuseppe? David?) log into this fedora18-vm01 slave and try to
> reproduce the issue from the command line?
>
> Regards,
> Dan.

> ERROR: test_deviceCustomProperties (hooksTests.TestHooks)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/jenkins-workspaces/vdsm_unit_tests_gerrit/tests/hooksTests.py", line 125, in test_deviceCustomProperties
>     params={'customProperty': ' rocks!'})
>   File "/jenkins-workspaces/vdsm_unit_tests_gerrit/vdsm/hooks.py", line 72, in _runHooksDir
>     scriptenv[k] = unicode(v).encode('utf-8')
> UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc5 in position 7: ordinal not in range(128)

> ERROR: test_runHooksDir (hooksTests.TestHooks)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/jenkins-workspaces/vdsm_unit_tests_gerrit/tests/hooksTests.py", line 72, in test_runHooksDir
>     res = hooks._runHooksDir(DOMXML, dirName)
>   File "/jenkins-workspaces/vdsm_unit_tests_gerrit/vdsm/hooks.py", line 72, in _runHooksDir
>     scriptenv[k] = unicode(v).encode('utf-8')
> UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc5 in position 7: ordinal not in range(128)

About that error, yes, Me and Antoni Segura (apuimedo) troubleshot it,
the problem is that one of the developers has non ascii letter on it's
name, passing it to the author tag on gerrit, that loads it on
GERRIT_*_AUTHOR env variable. Not sure if antoni is working on a patch
or notified someone though.

--
David Caro

Red Hat Czech s.r.o.