Need help to setup an slave for VDSM functional tests

Zhou Zheng Sheng zhshzhou at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Apr 17 09:44:18 UTC 2013

Hi,

I got a Jenkins power user account. I want to configure a job to run
VDSM functional tests on a Fedora 18 slave. The functional tests need
some prerequisites that can not be done in Jenkins, for example,
installing dependency packages (git, python-pep8, pyflakes, autoconf,
gcc...), configuring sudo (Jenkins needs root privilege to
install/start/stop VDSM), configuring glusterfs. Since the functional
tests actually install VDSM on the slave's OS, the slave is better to be
a virtual machine.

In all, to run VDSM functional tests, we need a VM that is ready to
build and install VDSM. There are already some slaves running jobs for
building VDSM and unit tests, the environment is almost the same for
functional tests. The VM slave needs not be online all the time. There
is a Jenkins plugin named "libvirt slave", it can start the VM when the
job is triggered, and shutdown it when it's idle for some time. I do not
have the privilege to install that plugin. Could you install libvirt
slave plugin as well?

I think it will be helpful to run functional tests in VMs in Jenkins.
Could anyone give me some help to setup the environment? I really
appreciate.

--
Thanks and best regards!

Zhou Zheng Sheng / 周征晟