Need help to setup an slave for VDSM functional tests

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Wed Apr 17 13:21:01 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

i believe the current f18 slaves already have those, if not please open a ticket/email to infra.

> In all, to run VDSM functional tests, we need a VM that is ready to
> build and install VDSM. There are already some slaves running jobs for
> building VDSM and unit tests, the environment is almost the same for
> functional tests. The VM slave needs not be online all the time. There
> is a Jenkins plugin named "libvirt slave", it can start the VM when the
> job is triggered, and shutdown it when it's idle for some time. I do not
> have the privilege to install that plugin. Could you install libvirt
> slave plugin as well?

we currently don't have ability to start/stop vms or launching any non-amazon vms as slaves.
(we're working on adding new vms on ovirt-engine instance, which will give us more flexibility with that).

is shutting down the vm part of the test?

> I think it will be helpful to run functional tests in VMs in Jenkins.
> Could anyone give me some help to setup the environment? I really
> appreciate.

i think you can just use the 'fedora18' label for your new job and run it.
if you'll have issue, communicate them here on infra list.