Unplanned Outage :: Mailman and resources :: 2013-04-24 09:00 UTC

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Apr 24 10:28:39 UTC 2013

There was an unplanned outage of lists.ovirt.org/resources.ovirt.org for
30 minutes.

== Details ==

We began receiving disk full alerts from Postfix on linode01.ovirt.org,
that houses lists.ovirt.org and resources.ovirt.org.

I looked around the server to find more disk space, but there was
nothing obvious that I could drop. Regardless, it's clear from existing
needs that more disk space was needed.

I shutdown the server, added 12 GB more to the drive image, and
restarted the host.

== Affected services ==

* Mailman (lists.ovirt.org)
* Package repo (resources.ovirt.org)
* ovirtbot

=== Not-affected services ==

* www.ovirt.org
* wiki.ovirt.org
* jenkins.ovirt.org
* gerrit.ovirt.org

== Future plans ==

Migrate the entire host to a set of VMs running in one of the new
hosting environments. ASAP.