Adding anonymous editing to the wiki

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Fri Feb 15 10:16:29 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 02/15/2013 12:42 AM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> A topic came up in the upstream to our MediaWiki theme. I'm wondering if
> anyone is interested in implementing this in our OpenShift instance,
> particularly any of the apprentice-Infra folk looking to do more work?
>
> (This could even be implemented in a complete clone of our wiki using
> your own OpenShift account, so if you are a new person looking to get
> involved, you can do this task without having to get special
> permissions; we'll just check and pull in your work.)
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/ovirt/ticket/33

<snip>

> For goal 2, we discussed implementing an extension that puts anonymous
> changes in a queue for moderators to review and approve, called
> FlaggedRevs (flagged revisions.) This lets us put even new author
> accounts in FlaggedRevs, and any Bureaucrat can change the person to not
> have flagged revisions, if we wish. (If we want to keep things the way
> they are, we can have any approved user account granted autoreview
> privileges.)
>
> Adding this extension, we could allow for anonymous edits with the
> revision flagged for review, while still taking new user accounts via
> the existing account approval extension. Those new users (and any
> created by an existing user as per the usual steps[1]) could have the
> autoreview flag so they can write without being queued for moderation.

I definitely approve of this getting done - unfortunately I have no time
to work on it personally in the near future (at least 3-4 weeks).

Also, I'm not sure why, but email notifications are not working for
account requests for the wiki right now - I've been checking every day
since discovering a queue with 12 people in it after the test day but
I'd prefer this to be more interrupt-driven. Do you know if we have all
the necessary PHP modules and configuration in place for email
notifications on OpenShift?

Thanks!
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13