Unplanned Outage :: www.oVirt.org (Web) :: 2013-02-20 11:00 CET

Alexander Rydekull rydekull at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 19:09:15 UTC 2013

There was an (unplanned) outage of www.oVirt.org (Web) for roughly 5 hours,
atleast. I dont know exactly when it started.

== Details ==

The reason for the outage was some faults in the Openshift setup, not on
our part but Openshift themselves. When another customer of their services
got a heavy load under specific conditions it actually rendered "nearby"
customers unable to function at all.

== Affected services ==

* Any service using www.ovirt.org

== Future plans ==

It is unfortunate that it happens, all we can do in a case like this is to
try and learn how to detect these errors automatically and if they arise
notify the openshift people immediately.

In additon to above notes, thank you everyone that reported it to us.

It helps us to know that something is wrong when you communicate it, well
done!

--
/Alexander Rydekull