New ideas to grow the community

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Sun Feb 24 09:25:41 UTC 2013

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 04:00:29AM -0500, Kiril Nesenko wrote:
> Hi team,
> I have few ideas regarding the project, any feedback will be appreciated !
>
> ### IRC ###
> 1. I think that we should create new channels on irc, #ovirt is not enough.

Would you explain why it's time to fork #ovirt? I do not see TOO much
traffic or confusion there.

> We should add:
>
> #ovirt-meeting - will be used for meetings only, need to add bot that will log the meetings

meeting can generate a lot of temporary noise which can deter people
from jumping in, so I would agree to create an ad-hoc channel for a
meeting - but please update the main #ovirt topic to indicate where the
meeting takes place.

> #ovirt-devel - will be used for devel discussions only

Have users complained that there are to many technical discussions on
#ovirt? I think that it's important to keep the devels near users until
devels become a nuisance.