New ideas to grow the community

Kiril Nesenko kiril at redhat.com
Sun Feb 24 09:42:23 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

I think that we need to prepare for the future and do things correctly.
I think that this will help the project to grow.

> > We should add:
> >
> > #ovirt-meeting - will be used for meetings only, need to add bot
> > that will log the meetings
>
> meeting can generate a lot of temporary noise which can deter people
> from jumping in, so I would agree to create an ad-hoc channel for a
> meeting - but please update the main #ovirt topic to indicate where
> the
> meeting takes place.

Nobody told users that they must/should attend meetings. If they want - they will attend.
Why not ovirt-meeting ? I like this name.
Sure we need to update the wiki with a new place

> > #ovirt-devel - will be used for devel discussions only
>
> Have users complained that there are to many technical discussions on
> #ovirt? I think that it's important to keep the devels near users
> until
> devels become a nuisance.

Each discussions should be done in the right place.
Maybe devel channel is not relevant for now,
but still it will be nice to have it for a future.