New ideas to grow the community

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Sun Feb 24 13:20:01 UTC 2013

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 04:42:23AM -0500, Kiril Nesenko wrote:

> [...]

I don't mind the name - I just want the topic of #ovirt to remind me
where have everybody's gone to.

> Sure we need to update the wiki with a new place
>

> > > #ovirt-devel - will be used for devel discussions only
> >
> > Have users complained that there are to many technical discussions on
> > #ovirt? I think that it's important to keep the devels near users
> > until
> > devels become a nuisance.
>
> Each discussions should be done in the right place.
> Maybe devel channel is not relevant for now,
> but still it will be nice to have it for a future.

I think that spinning off #ovirt-devel is not "a thing done correctly".
We may have to do it in the future, if users are tired of technical java
discussions. Until this happens, we need to keep the guys who knows the
most about the code near the guys who needs their support, in one happy
channel.