New ideas to grow the community

Mike Burns mburns at redhat.com
Mon Feb 25 13:44:31 UTC 2013

On 02/24/2013 08:34 AM, Kiril Nesenko wrote:

> [...]

This was discussed very early on -- splitting off and having a -meeting
channel.  We didn't make the change at that time because there wasn't
enough traffic on the channel to warrant having 2 channels.  Also,
having the meetings in the #ovirt channel can have the side-effect of
drawing more people into the meetings that are just lurking in #ovirt.
Currently, there are only 3 meetings[1] per week in the #ovirt channel,
each lasting 1 hr or less, generally.  IMO, moving 3 meetings out is not
really going to help.

>>> Sure we need to update the wiki with a new place

>>> Each discussions should be done in the right place.
>>> Maybe devel channel is not relevant for now,
>>> but still it will be nice to have it for a future.
>>
>> I think that spinning off #ovirt-devel is not "a thing done
>> correctly".
>> We may have to do it in the future, if users are tired of technical
>> java
>> discussions. Until this happens, we need to keep the guys who knows
>> the
>> most about the code near the guys who needs their support, in one
>> happy
>> channel.
>
> Yes I agree with you.

I agree, lets not make this split until we have to.

Mike