AlterWay servers

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Jan 17 01:23:06 UTC 2013

On 01/16/2013 07:19 AM, Eyal Edri wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Me & David are going to install the jenkins server so for now we'll need access:
>
> Eyal Edri (eedri)
> David Caro Estevez (dcaro)

Can you also send Dave your sshkey information? Our (poorly documented)
standard is to disable root login for ssh, and use sudo for everything.

Dave, I'll create draft versions of the open questions we discussed
today: how we add new Infra members, how we promote to admin access, and
who has access to what currently/ongoing.

Generally, every full Infra member should have access to everything,
although that's not the case currently. We could potentially have a
store of the publich sshkey for each of these members to make it easy to
provision a new host with access for the team.

http://www.ovirt.org/Infrastructure#Team

* iheim
* eedri
* ekohl (or ewoud?)
* robertm (iirc)
* oschreib
* quaid

Apprentice/journeyfolk (such as dcaro) will now be able to have
root/admin access to a set of systems, rather than
everything-because-it's-all-on-one-server.

The delivery of the AlterWay servers is a very major step for oVirt
Infra. It not only represents the very real way people are contributing
to and support oVirt, it also gives us a chance to build out a better
infrastructure that lets us divide services better to work with
new/incoming/journeying Infra team members.

- Karsten