Run jenkins test on a rhel6 host

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sun Jan 20 18:09:40 UTC 2013

On 01/20/2013 06:34 AM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 03:58:55PM +0800, Mark Wu wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I am a vdsm developer.  Recently I submit a vdsm patch fix a break
>> on fedora 18. I just verify it on fedora, but not on RHEL6 before
>> merged. Unfortunately, my patch called a function which
>> has a bug on rhel6. That bug was fixed in fedora, but not backported
>> to rhel6.  So I am thinking is it possible to also run the jenkins
>> test on a rhel6 host for each patch? Then we can find the break in
>> time.
>> and the developer don't need to run the test cases on two systems
>> for one patch.
>
> I'd like to join Mark's plea.  I believe that the only problem is of finding
> the resources for another Jenkins slave.
>
> Missing an el6 slave is a pain point for me - I've
> accepted Saggi's http://gerrit.ovirt.org/9986 and now Vdsm's master
> branch fails to build on EL6 on the following grounds:

OK, we're working on getting actual RHEL 6 entitlements for the new
hosts at Rackspace, which has one server to be dedicated to multiple
Jenkins slaves.

It will be a week or more for those hosts to be available. Once I have
the details, I'll forward them to the Jenkins admins so they can get
started ASAP. (We don't need to wait for Puppet, we can puppetize the
server later.)

- Karsten