Snippet to display "progress" of release (visualizing dependencies of the tracker bug)

Fabian Deutsch fabiand at redhat.com
Mon Jan 21 17:20:34 UTC 2013

Hey,

I've put together the following py snippet to fetch some informations
from bugzilla to display the "progress" of our release, based on the
number of remaining (open [modified, new, assigned, post]) bugs.
This is a very rough estimate, but - use existing informations and can
be enhanced to respect the state of a dependency bug.

I tried to do this with JS - for a shiny in browser progressbar with
hyperlinks (!) - but, x-domain ajax request are not really possible ...

Maybe this is of use for someone else.

Just run it with
python bzp.py

The current (3.2) tracker bug is hardcoded.

Greetings
fabian