Vacation coverage: quaid

Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden ewoud+ovirt at kohlvanwijngaarden.nl
Wed Jan 23 09:59:31 UTC 2013

So I had a short look at some or our documentation.

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 05:40:06PM -0800, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> This (and other reasons) prompted me to write down who is assigned to
> what for this team:
>
> http://www.ovirt.org/Infrastructure_team_assignments

I'd prefer to rename this. Assignment sounds like it's theirs and they
have to do it. Maybe pick admins to imply they have access? It may be
bikeshedding but I feel this is important to lower barriers.

> 2. For Mailman, anyone with ssh + sudo on Linode can do the usual tasks:
>
>    http://www.ovirt.org/Creating_and_configuring_mailing_lists

Can we (in time) manage the configuration part through puppet?

> 3. Obscure Linode things should all be documented here:
>
>    http://www.ovirt.org/Category:Infrastructure_documentation

I see http://www.ovirt.org/Www.ovirt.org-Configuration is quite
outdated. Possibly others too.

> 4. Anyone with ssh+sudo on linode01.ovirt.org can restart the bot:
>
>    http://www.ovirt.org/Running_ovirtbot

When does this need to be run? Any chance we could use the puppet
service[1] to ensure it's running?

[1]: http://docs.puppetlabs.com/references/stable/type.html#service