Vacation coverage: quaid

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Jan 23 19:28:24 UTC 2013

On 01/23/2013 01:59 AM, Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden wrote:
> So I had a short look at some or our documentation.
>
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 05:40:06PM -0800, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
>> This (and other reasons) prompted me to write down who is assigned to
>> what for this team:
>>
>> http://www.ovirt.org/Infrastructure_team_assignments
>
> I'd prefer to rename this. Assignment sounds like it's theirs and they
> have to do it. Maybe pick admins to imply they have access? It may be
> bikeshedding but I feel this is important to lower barriers.

+1

To be honest, I didn't like the name that much, but didn't want to let
that stop me from doing the writing. :) Renamed. (If we ultimately want
a different name, we can rename it again.)

>> 2. For Mailman, anyone with ssh + sudo on Linode can do the usual tasks:
>>
>>    http://www.ovirt.org/Creating_and_configuring_mailing_lists
>
> Can we (in time) manage the configuration part through puppet?

+1 :)

>> 3. Obscure Linode things should all be documented here:
>>
>>    http://www.ovirt.org/Category:Infrastructure_documentation
>
> I see http://www.ovirt.org/Www.ovirt.org-Configuration is quite
> outdated. Possibly others too.

Yeek.

I just cleared out the cruft and added a stub page for the necessary
information. Any of the people listed as administrators on that page
should be able to at least somewhat document the setup, I'm sure one of
us will get to it Real Soon Now. :)

>> 4. Anyone with ssh+sudo on linode01.ovirt.org can restart the bot:
>>
>>    http://www.ovirt.org/Running_ovirtbot
>
> When does this need to be run? Any chance we could use the puppet
> service[1] to ensure it's running?
>
> [1]: http://docs.puppetlabs.com/references/stable/type.html#service

We could also use cron (I think) to start the service on reboot.

Long term, the bot needs to run on the host where the logs are kept, AFAIK.

- Karsten