[Engine-devel] Proposal for new commit msg design for engine commits

Alon Bar-Lev alonbl at redhat.com
Tue Jul 9 12:49:36 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

I don't care how this is to be called.
However, I do not think that commit message is the place for instructing CI to do anything.
Commit message stays for good, it should contain information that is required a year from now.
It has nothing to do with tests and such.

> > However, I don't think that it is the responsibility of the committer.
> >
> > I suggested some time ago to have metadata information within each source.
> >
> > Each source should have metadata of:
> >
> > 1. Maintainer group.
>
> Not sure if this is always relevant, what if i'm fixing some unit test that
> got broken? it's enough to know I'm a maintainer, no?

Drop the maintainer, it is a suggestion of extra metadata we can add to automatically CC relevant people.
Add more metadata, so that every change in that file will trigger specific tests.