Puppet repo update procedure

David Caro dcaroest at redhat.com
Tue Jul 23 11:50:01 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I was thinking about the procedure of updating the current puppet
manifests when we submit a patch on gerrit. Here's the current status:

We have two different separated repos, one on gerrit and one on
foreman.ovirt.org, the first is used to submit patches and do reviews
and the latter is used to generate the puppet environments and manifests
from it's branches.
So right now the flow is:

Send patch to gerrit -> review -> submit patch -> push to foreman
(hopefully there will be no conflicts)

I was thinking of getting rid of the repo in the foreman machine, and
generating the manifests and environments directly from the gerrit repo.

In any case I'll automate the process using a jenkins job (the task is
https://fedorahosted.org/ovirt/ticket/71) , but I think it's simpler and
less prone to errors getting rid of that intermediate git repo.

What do you think?

--
David Caro

Red Hat Czech s.r.o.