About gerrit backups and space on resources.ovirt.org

Alexander Rydekull rydekull at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 14:34:04 UTC 2013

16:30:02 < dcaro> itamar: yes, but we have tem duplicated in linode01,
under gerrit.ovirt.org-src-backup(deflated) and
gerrit.ovirt.org-gerrit2-home-backup(compressed)
16:30:23 < itamar> i don't see a reason to keep this deflated (ping kwade
on this - he set it up iirc)
16:30:24 < dcaro> those are directory names under /home/gerrit-backup
16:30:33 < Rydekull> yeah, that's what we thought
16:30:44 < Rydekull> so, let's check with quaid and then act accordingly

All the roads lead to quaid.

All kidding aside, quaid, do we have any good reason to have it deflated?
Or can we remove that?
All in all, is there a difference on the backups in
gerrit.ovirt.org-gerrit2-home-backup compared with
gerrit.ovirt.org-src-backup?

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 3:44 PM, David Caro <dcaroest at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are having a space issue again on resources.ovirt.org with the free
> space, so I have deleted the older backup we had from gerrit as a
> temporary measure (it will be regenerated again).
>
> I've found that we have a deflated backup of the gerrit src directory,
> that takes 28GB of space, the question is, are we using it? Do we need
> it? If we do not we can just delete it (as we already have compressed
> backups for it).
>
> --
> David Caro
>
> Red Hat Czech s.r.o.
> Continuous Integration Engineer - EMEA ENG Virtualization R&D
>
> Tel.: +420 532 294 605
> Email: dcaro at redhat.com
> Web: www.cz.redhat.com
> Red Hat Czech s.r.o., Purkyňova 99/71, 612 45, Brno, Czech Republic
> RHT Global #: 82-62605

/Alexander Rydekull