edit storage connections

Michael Pasternak mpastern at redhat.com
Mon Jun 3 12:01:58 UTC 2013

Hi Alissa,

On 06/02/2013 02:15 PM, Alissa Bonas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I started the page for the feature I mentioned to you last week.
> It's still not complete so I didn't distribute it yet, but I hope you can understand the concept - there's a REST part in the wiki too.
> If you have any comments/suggestions/improvements especially (but not only) on REST, I'd love to hear it.
> Thanks
>
> http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Edit_Connection_Properties
>

> REST
>
> In order to allow editing connections, a new root resource will be introduced
> that will allow add/edit/delete/get of connections to storage.
>
> TODO: model the new connection entity. Should represent several storage types.
>

> New connection (POST)
>
> It will be possible to create a new connection without adding a storage domain
> along with it, and later on create a storage domain and relate it to existing connection
> by providing the connection id.

please describe 'connection/s' resource/collection URLs/XML modelling
(iiuc XML modelling basically should remain the same)

> Delete connection
>
> Deletion of connection will be possible only if no storage domain is connected to it (orphan connection).
>

> Update existing connection (PUT)
>
> It will be possible to update connection details when storage domain connected to it is in
> maintenance state. Most of connection fields can be updated (such as path/iqn/address/port/user/password)
> - each storage type has its relevant set of fields, id of connection will be immutable.
>
> In addition, for each storage domain it should be possible to view (GET) its storage connections
> by approaching it via a specific subresource: /api/storagedomains/<storageDomainId>/connections

question: what about today's api? we can't break it, i'd suggest deprecating it and continue supporting
till we drop it, - it means having both:

1. connection details in the SD (active connection)
2. connections under /api/storagedomains/<storageDomainId>/connections + /api/connections

--

Michael Pasternak
RedHat, ENG-Virtualization R&D