Need a project coordinator

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Jun 25 17:46:25 UTC 2013

Folks:

I want to first apologize for being randomly unavailable for the last
several months. I'm running a new project that is still in
creation/planning mode (nothing public yet), and it's really shifted my
@work as well as my @home attention.

Still I'm committed to helping oVirt, particularly in the part I'm most
passionate about - open infrastructure of participation. I *love* what
has been going on the last few months, just wish I could pitch in more.

In order to better manage my own time - and anyone else willing - I'm
wondering about/looking for someone to be active as a project
coordinator for oVirt infra. This person doesn't need to be a devops
expert (yet), but needs to have enough time and organizational ability
to keep all of us focused and moving in a useful direction. Some of us
have been trying to do that - Ewoud, I'm looking at you - while also
doing the actual workload of the team.

For example, we could use some help with setting and driving toward
priorities. We've had some situations with www.ovirt.org and
resources.ovirt.org the last few months that may have been solved sooner
with some coordination across individuals.

What I'm hoping for is someone who can help us get our work organized so
the few hours I can spend per week on oVirt infra are filled and useful.
For example, having everything in a ticket and prioritized against a
project plan, my time could be very useful rather than potentially
wasted chasing down the wrong problem. We could be handing work pieces
off to each other, etc.

Thoughts?

Thanks - Karsten
--