oVirt theme upgrade, unexpected outage

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Tue Jun 25 17:52:19 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

Earlier today (~1pm UTC) I updated the Strapping theme on ovirt.org to
the latest version with help from Garrett Lesage (who did all the hard
work fixing many bugs in the past few weeks).

Unfortunately, I messed up the update (failed to commit an important
line in LocalSettings.php) which resulted in a ~15 minute problem where
the site content was available but unthemed.

The issue was resolved as soon as I diagnosed the mistake and rectified it.

We should now be in a much better place regarding log sides on the gear,
since we can expect much fewer errors. We still have errors related to
sending email (se other threads) and one other issue (thread to follow),
however. I'm looking into both issues.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13