Fedora Open ID issue

Vinzenz Feenstra vfeenstr at redhat.com
Wed Mar 6 09:35:43 UTC 2013

On 03/06/2013 10:27 AM, Fabian Deutsch wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 06.03.2013, 03:51 -0500 schrieb Vered Volansky:
>> FYI, Fedora Open ID users,
>>
>> They changed the log in url ( https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OpenID ).
>> The change was published in a post today - http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2013-March/003146.html .
>> The old openid url is no longer valid, and the new one creates a totally new account in gerrit.
>> You can't link to the old one since that url is no longer valid, so we basically don't have gerrit access.
>>
>> I opened a ticket: https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/3696 .
>>
>> I'll update here if and when there's anything new.
> Hey,
>
> I also had this problem.
> I tried just entering <userid>.id.fedoraproject.org (without http and
> https, as recommended here [0]) and that worked for me.
>
> Greetings
> fabian
>
> [0] https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/3695
Thanks for that explicit note of removing https and http, because I have
been using https://<userid>.id.fedoraproject.org for ages now and it
worked for me and stopped working from this morning. However without the
https portion it also works for me!
Thanks!

Regards,

Vinzenz Feenstra | Senior Software Engineer
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D
Phone: +420 532 294 625
IRC: vfeenstr or evilissimo

See how it works at redhat.com