New ideas to grow the community

Mike Burns mburns at redhat.com
Wed Mar 6 12:35:05 UTC 2013

On 03/04/2013 08:28 AM, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 04/03/2013 12:41, Dave Neary wrote:
>> * Consolidating developer lists (arch, vdsm-devel, enginer-devel,
>> node-devel) into one main developer list to ensure that we get away from
>> the "mass CC" phenomenon - I previously proposed updating list
>> descriptions and renaming arch to devel, the difference between
>> vdsm-devel and engine-devel (where developers talk) and arch (where they
>> don't, much) has actually grown since then.
>
> i'm for renaming arch to devel and merging engine-devel and vdsm-devel
> into it. I'll let the node-devel chime in if they think its best to
> merge it as well or not.

I would prefer not merging node-devel with arch/devel.  Node is breaking
away from being just an oVirt project, so having a separate devel list
is good for us.  I'll make sure that we include the general devel
mailing list on oVirt related things, but in general, our stuff is much
more node specific and not general ovirt related.