oVirt Jenkins - setting verified flag / messaging

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Fri Mar 8 19:55:20 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

already done afaik (changed 1 to 0 on gerrit trigger side)

> > Also, is it possible to Jenkins stop saying that it starts a test
> > and
> > just tell us when something is broken?

not possible via current plugin.
i know someone from the rhevm team is looking into sending a patch
to the gerrit trigger jenkins plugin [1] to stop these alerts. (or at least make them configurable)

meanwhile, the only solution i can think of is changing ability of the jenkins user
to email reviewers, which i think is only supported from gerrit 2.5.2: (we're using 2.4.2)

from the plugin doc [2]:

"Reduce number of notification emails

Since the trigger adds a comment in Gerrit for each build start and end, usually all the reviewers get a notification email. This can get quite annoying. However, it's possible to configure Gerrit so that only the change owner and people who starred the change get a notification email. To do this DENY the 'Email Reviewers' capability for the Gerrit user that is used by Jenkins. See https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/access-control.html#capability_emailReviewers."

[1] https://github.com/jenkinsci/gerrit-trigger-plugin
[2] https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Gerrit+Trigger