new mailing list request.

Mike Burns mburns at redhat.com
Thu Mar 14 01:29:16 UTC 2013

On 03/13/2013 01:51 PM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> On 03/13/2013 10:16 AM, Theron Conrey wrote:
>>
>> Let me know if you have any questions.
>
> Resist the list! Down with new lists! Do all work on arch@ and love it!
>
> Actually, no questions, +1 from me.

+1

> The process for an Infra maintainers (or anyone with sudo on
> lists.ovirt.org):
>
> http://www.ovirt.org/Creating_and_configuring_mailing_lists
>
> Presuming all +1s on this idea, does anyone else want to learn how or do
> this list creation? Otherwise, it's <5 min for me to do it.
>
> Oh, for giggles, shall we open a ticket? That helps us track and
> complete the request.
>
> http://fedorahosted.org/ovirt
>
> Infra folks - I'm not really thinking it's our role to approve the
> creation of lists, just to do the work. I think Theron's request is an
> obvious "yes" so I don't personally feel we need to ask for further
> permission.

Was a pretty obvious yes to me, which is why i sent Theron here.

> Where is the optimal place to get project approval on new lists? board@
> could be it, but arch@ seems like really the best one. Or should we just
> let people file a ticket and we only ask them to go get approval if it's
> unclear to us if it's an obvious yes?

I think point people either to the ticketing (we should get a redirect
or something setup so it's on an ovirt.org subdomain) or to infra@ (or
maybe a frontend email address for the ticketing?).

If we're unsure, we can ack for details from the requester while we seek
approval from the board or arch lists if necessary.

Mike