alterway2 server ready

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Mar 14 16:14:05 UTC 2013

On 03/14/2013 07:36 AM, Eyal Edri wrote:
> alterway2 server is ready (running centos 6.4)
>
> I want to start working on it, afair, we agreed to install ovirt 3.2 AIO[1] on it and start adding
> vms for jenkins-slaves as 1st step right?

IIRC, we weren't really going to Jenkins slaves there for the longer
term, but I think it's OK to do it for now so we can do that migration.
But we also want to have the other VMs up so we can e.g. close the
Linode instance soon. (Jenkins infrastructure takes precedence.)

On a related note, I have keys and am working on the RackSpace hosts,
which will run F18 + ovirt-all-in-one. Do I want to install that on both
hosts?

From the etherpad link below:

=== Host 2 - alterway02.ovirt.org? ===

* Hypervisor with multiple VMs
** Mailman - lists.ovirt.org
** Resources - resources.ovirt.org
** Apache redirects - ovirt.org
** Puppet master - smartproxy.ovirt.org/puppet.ovirt.org
*** <ewoud> maybe name it smart proxy as foreman wants it because it
also runs DHCP, TFTP and maybe DNS
*** <quaid> so smartproxy.ovirt.org would run Puppet, DHCP, TFTP, DNS?
Or would we want another VM to be the smartproxy for puppet.ovirt.org
and foreman.ovirt.org?
*** <ewoud> We need to run puppet on the smartproxy because it managed
/etc/puppet/autosign.conf for example
*** What's the network infrastructure?
** Foreman master - foreman.ovirt.org