Minutes :: oVirt Infra weekly :: 2013-03-18

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Mar 18 16:22:05 UTC 2013

Minutes:
        http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2013/ovirt.2013-03-18-15.01.html

Minutes (text):
	http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2013/ovirt.2013-03-18-15.01.txt

Log:
        http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2013/ovirt.2013-03-18-15.01.log.html

==========================
#ovirt: oVirt Infra weekly
==========================

Meeting started by quaid at 15:01:03 UTC. The full logs are available at
http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2013/ovirt.2013-03-18-15.01.log.html .

Meeting summary
---------------
* Roll call & agenda  (quaid, 15:02:19)

* Introductions  (quaid, 15:07:19)
  * LINK: http://etherpad.ovirt.org/p/new-infra-member-steps   (quaid,
    15:08:50)
  * still working on the new infra member documentation  (quaid,
    15:09:05)

* Hosting  (quaid, 15:11:05)
  * I'm still working my way through getting proper access &
    understanding how to do stuff with RackSpace; I'll get that auth
    cleared up today  (quaid, 15:11:37)
  * we have an open point on the mailing list about "why not use CentOS
    6.4 and the latest 3.2.1 oVirt packages instead of F18"  (quaid,
    15:12:29)
  * eedri working on installing engine on alterway02, running in to some
    problems  (quaid, 15:14:29)

* Puppet  (quaid, 15:20:08)
  * we need to get VMs on alterway02 to start creating the Puppet
    services  (quaid, 15:20:29)

* Jenkins  (quaid, 15:23:16)
  * Jenkins master has moved, EC2 instance is shutdown  (quaid,
    15:23:24)
  * Jenkins slaves are still waiting on rackspace01 installation
    (quaid, 15:23:41)

* Any other business?  (quaid, 15:28:20)

* Trac ticket review  (quaid, 15:30:46)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/ovirt/report/1   (quaid, 15:30:48)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/ovirt/ticket/17   (quaid, 15:31:29)
  * Backups - what, where, when  (quaid, 15:31:37)
  * LINK: http://etherpad.ovirt.org/p/new_hosting_design_Jan_2013 is
    probably the closest picture of what is/will be  (quaid, 15:36:23)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/ovirt/ticket/25   (quaid, 15:37:17)
  * Fix users at ovirt.org archives  (quaid, 15:37:25)
  * quaid lost the copy of the archive he was using to restore, needs to
    get a new copy  (quaid, 15:37:49)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/ovirt/ticket/31   (quaid, 15:39:46)
  * Licensing (rights) link disappears when graphic is not used  (quaid,
    15:40:08)
  * LINK: https://github.com/OSAS/strapping-mediawiki/issues
    (garrett_, 15:42:24)
  * use github to file any issues with mediawiki theme  (quaid,
    15:42:42)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/ovirt/ticket/6   (quaid, 15:43:49)
  * Setup puppet and foreman  (quaid, 15:43:59)
  * Puppet and Foreman setup is in the works on the new servers  (quaid,
    15:44:21)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/ovirt/ticket/27   (quaid, 15:44:34)
  * Obtain entitlements for RHEL for Infrastructure hosts at RackSpace
    (quaid, 15:44:51)
  * quaid taking over this ticket, getting some progress  (quaid,
    15:45:01)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/ovirt/ticket/28   (quaid, 15:45:26)
  * SSL for ovirt.org subdomains  (quaid, 15:45:35)
  * ACTION: quaid needs to file a ticket with the RHT IT folks to work
    through this  (quaid, 15:45:50)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/ovirt/ticket/21   (quaid, 15:46:32)
  * Search field made visible when window is slim  (quaid, 15:46:41)
  * another item to doublcheck after updating theme  (quaid, 15:46:52)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/ovirt/ticket/38   (quaid, 15:47:12)
  * nightly job issue at fedora-18?  (quaid, 15:47:24)

Meeting ended at 16:05:14 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* quaid needs to file a ticket with the RHT IT folks to work through
  this

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* quaid
  * quaid needs to file a ticket with the RHT IT folks to work through
    this
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)