cannot sign in to gerrit.ovirt.org with google ID?

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Thu May 2 19:24:35 UTC 2013

On 05/02/2013 08:00 PM, Einav Cohen wrote:
> thanks for all of your replies, guys - I really appreciate it!
>
> unfortunately, I still cannot sign into gerrit.
> This is definitely a server-side problem, since I tried multiple browsers
> from multiple client machines, and the behavior is the same in all of them.
> This is probably not a google openid problem, as I am able to use my google
> openid to sign into other web-sites/applications (e.g. stackoverflow.com).
>
> so my guess is that the problem is with gerrit, however since other users
> don't seem to experience the same problem, I assume that it is something in
> particular in my gerrit user (again - on the server-side, e.g. my record in
> the gerrit DB got messed up for some reason or something similar).
>
> if anyone has additional ideas and/or able to help me troubleshoot/solve the
> problem - it would be greatly appreciated!

(adding infra)

its not the previous problem all fedoraproject users had, due to
fedoraproject changing their infra one night out of the blue.

before strarting to troubleshoot, tried service gerrit restart.
now works for einav.

lets hope doesn't become too recurrent.

since we are on a patched 2.4, and 2.5.2 seems to have bug fixes
relevant to us, and since 2.6 is in rc (and has items in release notes
which read "42x improvement on git clone and git fetch"), I'll look into
upgrading into 2.5.2 in coming weeks.

the main difference in upgrade to 2.5.2 is the git mirroring to github
is no longer part of gerrit, rather a plugin. so post the upgrade it
will stop, then I'll activate it later on (divide and conquer).

if anyone has any thoughts/concerns, please raise them.
I'll most likely look into doing the upgrade on some sunday evening - it
should take a few minutes of downtime (and i backup the VM fully before).

thanks,
    Itamar