www.ovirt.org down?

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu May 16 20:52:56 UTC 2013

On 05/15/2013 09:08 AM, Eyal Edri wrote:
> Can we have a readme file on linode (where passwords are located),
> with troubleshooting and contacts for future outages?

Yeah, and I'd like us to duplicate a few of those files from /root to
another few hosts. I know it's not optimal, but as a backup to whatever
is out there any of the maintainers can find a machine to ssh to that
has passwords and contact/info for fixing various services. Maybe it can
be a copy-paste from a wiki page, too.

> personally i tried contacting someone on #openshift, no one answered.
> and when trying to ssh to www.ovirt.org my public key was defined,

I responded separately to Eyal with the details on how to use OpenShift.

For others here, OpenShift uses the sshkey for git access (to push
changes), and the 'rhc' command that lets you control the app remotely.
One rarely shells directly to the running instance, as any changes made
there are blown away from changes pushed to git (some exceptions.)

> so i'd be happy to know for next time what are the steps to
> resolve these kind of failures.

I'm running in to the problem of no time to work on this, even though
it's helpful. Is Dave available? Anyone else with OpenShift experience?

It's all rather straightforward and on their website/forum. When I want
to know how to do something, I search for the desire and the answer
usually pops up. The one exception is that each of you needs to keep
track of the unique ID and URL that we use git/ssh with.

- Karsten
--
Karsten 'quaid' Wade