List moderation

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri May 17 21:08:59 UTC 2013

On 05/17/2013 09:32 AM, Mike Burns wrote:
> On 05/17/2013 12:06 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:
>> On 05/17/2013 07:51 AM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
>>> Hi:
>>>
>>> I just let through some messages from this list queue.
>>>
>>> Wondering if anyone else would like moderator access to help keep things
>>> flowing? We have this list set to hold for moderation, so we have the
>>> chance to intercept real messages from project members, as well as add
>>> their names to the accept filter.
>>>
>>> Wondering who else might want admin access? Should we add all the
>>> project maintainers?
>>>
>>> - Karsten

>> we really need a spam filter - the ratio in some of the lists is mostly
>> spam, but i hate to lose the few users trying to register.
>
> +1 -- the number of moderated messages recently has increased
> dramatically.  At least a global blacklist would be useful.  It's not
> uncommon to get 3 messages held from the same user on 3 different lists,
> all of which are obviously spam.

I think we need more infrastructure help before we had more services.

While Infra provides services that are requested/specified by arch@ and
board@, we do need injections of people to support those services. We
currently have a disproportionate number of people from @redhat.com as
Infra maintainers. The entire infrastructure is designed to allow
participation by anyone from anywhere. Perhaps some of the Board
companies could provide some people to help with Infrastructure? (It
counts toward resource commitments to the project as full contributors,
fwiw.)

- Karsten
--
Karsten 'quaid' Wade