installation centos on an alterway2 vm

Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden ewoud+ovirt at kohlvanwijngaarden.nl
Mon May 20 20:19:30 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 12:16:57PM -0400, Ohad Basan wrote:
> I am trying to install centos on a vm for icinga.
> I chose "url" as the installation media (we have an netinstall iso in our iso domain)
> and it fails to set up the the nic and connect to the centos repo.
> can anyone plz check that?
> it might be some network issue

I do think we have some network issue we need to investigate. I've been
running mtr for a few hours and I get a 28% package loss to
foreman.ovirt.org. Out of the 10425, only 7514 packages have been
received back. The hop before it only has 0.4% loss. I have not yet ran
tests on alterway02 or from inside the guest to see if it's somewhere in
the network or on the host (configuration).