Herrold request for account right on certain hosts

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Mon Nov 11 23:53:43 UTC 2013

On Tue, 12 Nov 2013, Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden wrote:

> I'd like to nominate Russ as a apprentice, which I think
> means he'd get root on our systems. If needed I can supply
> the pull request to create a puppet class to ensure his
> user.

ah, yes -- Thank you.  Sorry for not following protocol here

By way of introduction, I am Russ herrold, one of the founders
of CentOS, and before that, part of Red Hat's external
'testers-list' mailing list for the former RHL product.  I've
been building distributions for many many years now, and am
quite cautious as to avoiding the many ways of losing content
unintentionally

I am and have been active for many years in providing first
Xen and more not KVM based virtualiszation compute instances
to consulting clients, most recently through a Layer 3 based
product branded: PMMAN.COM   So, a bit differnt as to design
choices than oVirt, but also heavily a user of libvirt and
friends

I use IRC nicks starting with: ^orc_ to indicate the Owl River
Company aspect of my presences

-- Russ herrold