ovirt 3.3 nightly on centos

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Mon Sep 2 16:35:09 UTC 2013

Hi Ohad,

That is what the RDO project does, I think it's OK for us to do this too.

We should make sure we warn users when they're installing oVirt that
some of the dependencies will upgrade certain core packages (libvirt,
qemu, whatever else) and that this may break their support.

In particular, we should make absolutely clear under what circumstances
someone can run RHS as a storage back-end for oVirt (if we pull in
Gluster 3.4 will that break their RHS?).

Cheers,
Dave.

On 09/02/2013 06:14 PM, Ohad Basan wrote:
> Hey
>
> during prepping ovirt live
> I am installing ovirt 3.3 nightly on a centos 6.4 machines
> I have discovered that I am missing tons of dependencies not found in the standard repo
> 1. gluster >=3.4
> 2. vdsm requires libvirt >= 0.10.2-18.el6_4.4
> I get gluster from the gluster nightly repo
> I can get the libvirt from koji or something.
> but I think we shold provide these packages in our repository because currently it's just not installable.
>
> Ohad

Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13