rebasing for oVirt 3.3.1?

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Mon Sep 9 12:17:35 UTC 2013

with 3.3.0 coming soon, one of the questions I heard is "what about
3.3.1" considering the number of patches fox bugs that went into master
branch since since we branched to stabilize 3.3.0.
i.e., most of the work in master branch has been focused on bug fixes)

so my suggestion is for 3.3.1 that we rebase from master, then move to
backporting patches to that branch for the rest of 3.3 time frame.

while this poses a small risk, i believe its the best course forward to
making ovirt 3.3 a more robust and stable version going forward.

this is mostly about ovirt-engine, and probably vdsm. for the other
projects, its up to the maintainer, based on risk/benefit.

thoughts?

Thanks,
    Itamar